Are you having difficulties getting your 3D prints to stick without warping? Struggling to remove your finished model after printing? Tired of messing around with inadequate solutions such as kapton, blue builders tape, hairspray and ABS slurry? LokBuild by Steelmans 3D Print is your answer.
LokBuild is the ultimate 3D printing surface for FFF/FDM 3D printers. It is a long lasting alternative to films and tapes, can be easily cut to suit the exact shape and size of your 3D printer's build surface and is made from uniquely textured sheets that attach to your build plate easily with heat-resistant adhesive backing.
LokBuild replaces the need for blue masking tape or polyimide films such as Kapton Tape and is made from heat-resistant materials to provide a stable build platform for 3D printed models whilst allowing completed models to be removed easily.
LokBuild has been rigorously tested to work with
- ABS, PLA, HIPS, PET
- colorFabb_XT, colorFabb nGen, colorFabb_HT, colorFabb XT-CF20 (carbon fibre)
- Woodfill, Bronzefill, Copperfill, Brassfill
- Polymaker PC-Plus (polycarbonate), Polymaker PC-Max (polycarbonate), Polymaker PolyFlex, Ninjaflex and many more!
LokBuild is available in S, M, L and XL sizes. Ships within two weeks.
- Wipe down your build platform making sure it is clean.
- Trim LokBuild to match the shape and size of your build plate. This can be done easily with general household scissors or a craft knife.
- Remove the adhesive backing and apply LokBuild to the build plate. Start from one side and work your way to the other side, smoothing LokBuild as you go.
- Adjust the printers nozzle height and check that the build surface is level.
How to clean LOKBUILD
LokBuild should not need to be cleaned very often but if you do please use alcohol wipes or similar (low % Isopropyl). Do not use acetone or anything with a high % Isopropyl, this will damage the surface.
Nozzle Height Calibration
LokBuild is much more forgiving than some other products when setting the nozzle height and does not require such a high level of accuracy. However there will be an optimal nozzle height for your chosen material and printer.
The key to a good nozzle height is to experiment. We recommmend starting further away from the bed than with other surfaces and then reduce the nozzle height slightly until the print sticks to LokBuild.
The vast number of printers and materials makes it impossible to give exact print parameters but a good starting point for the nozzle height would be between 0.20mm - 0.25mm.
TIP: When setting the nozzle height start further away from the bed than with other surfaces such as tapes. LokBuild works better without squashing the filament too much on the first layer.